I am not normally this effected by the retrogrades however, this one, I call the Mother (fucker) of Retrogrades. I am usually a positive person, looking at all the goodness, possibilities and opportunities for growing and this round of retrograde is proving to be a true push of purging old patterns, thoughts and beliefs.
I am OK with change as that is part of the ever evolving flow of life but some changes are more pertinent and potent than others and those are the ones that sting and push you in the direction you should be going. As we know, if you don’t know make decisions in your life, life makes decisions for you. Good Stuff, eh?!
So, here is my take care plan until this all smooths over or at least the intensity mellows out. If you’re getting your ass kicked around a little too, maybe these self care suggestions will help you!
- I’m eating warm foods to feed the comfort I am desiring. For example so far over the last week approximately, I’ve made Potato Leek Soup. Butternut Squash soup and a Veggie Stew. I bought some Gluten Free Bread from Great Harvest and made a few slices into croutons for my soups. Yum!
- I’m talking with friends who are empathetic, positive and sometimes have more intense retrograde poo occurring than me. You see sometimes it helps to remove the focus from yourself and reach out to others who are struggling.
- Not everyone has to do this, however I did create an association of feeling like I was doing something good for my spirit and so with that said, I bought myself a new local companies organic face moisturizer and then went to Victoria’s Secret and bought myself a little something cozy and sexy.
- I swapped out my cool summer like sheets for my warm flannel sheets, washed my comforter and made my bed, which I don’t usually bother doing.
- Everywhere I go, I talk to strangers (just friends we haven’t met yet) and ask them how they are doing. Surprisingly the bulk seem to share their stories which is such a beautiful instant relatability factor affirming that we really are all humans together in this retrograde festival of changes.
- I’m allowing myself to feel every emotion and go through the motions and then when I’ve had enough, I let them go. Sometimes they come back (some are super persistent) so I look at them a little closer and then I release them again. I do not beat myself up for any feelings, tears, joys, etc., I embrace them and thank them for showing up and providing clarity as to how I authentically feel.
- I walk almost everyday or get in some form of movement. For instance if no walk, perhaps yoga (at home so far) or I confront the kickbag in my garage, etc.
- Lastly, I go back to being grateful for this life, for these opportunities to be clear in my growth and wants and needs. I celebrate the soliloquy of conversations between my head and my heart and reality. I know this retrograde will not last forever and my health is good, my family and friends are good and eventually life will balance back out, bringing with it the changes that have incurred and eventually becoming manageable, for change is just a different path or direction and with the right outlook, is always doable.
So here’s to the next few days of the rest of the retrograde, cheers to the 23rd when the NEW MOON is here and I reset my intentions with love, positivity, a little magic and a peaceful center.
Love Julie, xo